Thursday, January 29, 2009

One less thing to move

I sold my mess dress uniform today so I officially have one less thing to move!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the military, it's our most formal uniform and it is not suppplied by the military. You have to have them custom made to the tune of about $550. That doesn't include buttons by the way. (Why? I have no idea)

Here's a picture of me in my mess dress:

Not the best picture of me but it's one of the few I have that shows me in that uniform. Also, please excuse the cheesy grin. I had just recieved my squadron challenge coin and I was posing. What's a challenge coin? Here's a link for you: Challenge Coin

I'm still technically a member of the military but I'm not active duty by any means. The mess dress uniform is an expensive piece of gear to have laying around gathering dust and I'm trying to declutter! I was able to sell it to a member of my former squadron so I know it's gone to a good home.

This all reminds me...I'd better go tell the military that I'm moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment