Wednesday, August 19, 2009

999 Challenge - update

Here's what I have read so far!

1. Course related books
1) The Western Humanities, Volume 1 by Dewitt and Platt. This was for my History 201 Course which was the course that inspired me to change my major from History to Anthropology. Yuck

2. Books written by men
1) Assegai - Wilbur Smith I've read the majority of his books and this one was one of his best. Not as violent or as gory as some of his others and I'm OK with that!

3. Vampire books
1) Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
2) Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
3) Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
4) Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris...Yeah I'm going through 1 of these every day.

4. Books by Kathy Reichs
1) Cross Bones
2) Death Du Jour
3) Devil Bones - So Far I've liked this one the best!

5. Non-fiction books
1) Ancient Futures - Helena Norberg-Hodge. AMAZING! I highly recommend this book to anyone. It was very eye-opening.

6. Historical Fiction (my favorite category!)

7. Authors I've never read (the scariest category - venturing into the unknown!)

8. Classics
1) The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne. This was a harder book to read than I thought it would be. I guess I'm not used to the writing style of the mid-1800's. My copy of this book was bought at an antique shop and doesn't have a publication date so I don't know how old the book itself is.

9. Business/Leadership (I have several that I have never started)

No comments:

Post a Comment